Into the classroom

Being with twenty 5 years-old was a really enriching experience.

For my first lesson, I brought them a puppet show. It was about a cricket who had lost his guitar and couldn't chirp anymore.

I made the puppets from EVA and printend material founded on internet

Presentation at Woodville



In the second lesson, children were able to work on different activities related to the same thematic unit: bugs. I divided them into groups.
Ongoing finger bug project

Counting body parts: using numbers and vocabulary




For lesson three, children went on a bug hunt. I hid papper bugs all over the hall, a big room where kids can run around, and they had to look for it, using a table sheet with picture of different bugs and numbers.

The bug hunt
The bug sheet

In lesson four I used "The very busy spider" story and we made a big group web.

The book

The animated video:




Children enjoyed the activities and were able to produce interesting artworks. Here is five Finger Bugs finalized projects:


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My philosophy of teaching